IMServ are one of the UK’s largest energy data management providers. Willow played a small part in IMserv’s software migration project, providing support to their customers (BT, River Island and Superdry to name a few) and the customer service teams that serve them.
We provided e-learning training modules to help guide their customers through the software functionality. We’ve focused this case study on the one day customer service training course Willow delivered to the customer service teams and Account Managers, to bridge the gap from old to new.
“The results were immediate”
From the words of the Customer Services Manager at the end of the first session “I’ve had to come in and let you know that they are already on the ‘phone using the things they’ve learnt today – great stuff!”Customer Services Manager
- We were building an online training programme to help clients migrate to the new software, which at the time had not been fully developed
- We were having to change the training content to accommodate software developments and go live extensions
- As part of the implementation phase we were asked to deliver a course to help educate the customer service team on the software functionality and the impact on their customers – good and bad!
- The course needed to help them overcome client queries at a functional level
- The course delegates included account managers, who were rather protective of their client relationships
- The business had recently joined the Institute of Customer Services and where running independent customer improvement initiatives – our course needed to deliver consistent messaging and fresh outcomes
We first completed an on-site traning needs analysis, to determine current benchmark standards and how they were using Word, PowerPoint and Excel
We built the training sessions around their ‘unique’ use of the programmes, which are the backbone of their communication with their translation team, clients and each-other
The courses were designed for half day sessions, so the project management team, could cover workflow
All delegates completed ‘fundamentals’ before the programme moved on to advanced level training
We incorporated their own company documents to make the training ‘real’
We provided laptops pre-loaded with the relevant course content, so we didn’t need to access their security IT networks
We provided feedback on delegate progress at the end of each session and provided a summary of each delegate at the end of the programme
We provided a ‘quick notes’ guide for the key learning points of every course delivered
We worked with one appointed contact to manage course co-ordination and appointed a programme co-ordinator at Willow to handle all joining instructions, certificates and smooth running of the programme
We held a review at the end of the programme to ensure we had met and exceeded their expectations